**Register here, too: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/holohack-2016-tickets-29388236005
Build and demo smart city augmented and mixed reality (AR/MR) projects using the Microsoft HoloLens. This free hackathon will have 10+ HoloLenses and some Emulators for you to check out, free food, and prize bundles of tech goodies - including a Microsoft HoloLens!
HoloHack is a 24-hour hackathon presented by thyssenkrupp - a Fortune 500 and one of the first major companies to establish an innovation center at Tech Square in midtown Atlanta. After announcing a partnership with Microsoft HoloLens, thyssenkrupp is looking to hire C# and Unity 3D developers and build relationships with the Atlanta AR/MR development community. Come out to check out HoloLenses, land a job, and connect with other AR/MR enthusiasts!
Who should participate and what's the focus?
Engineers, developers and designers with experience or interest in gaming and/or AR/MR are all invited to attend. If you are studying or have experience with C# and Unity 3D, please join us! thyssenkrupp is especially interested in meeting students, but the entire AR/MR community is invited to take part .
Projects must be a smart city AR/MR project in nature and reference will be given to projects with animations created in Unity 3D and written in C# that incorporate the HoloLens or a HoloLens emulator.
What's in it for you?
- Build cool stuff with some HoloLenses (we'll have ~20 HoloLenses on-site + some emulators)
- Meet thyssenkrupp executives and maybe land a job: they are hiring for entry-level C# and Unity 3D developer positions and internships
- Eat and drink and be merry. All sustenance will be provided.
- Prize bundles of tech goodies including a Microsoft HoloLens (omwhat?!)
- Work with the local AR/MR development and design community
- Keep what you build. thyssenkrupp is not claiming ownership of your intellectual property.
Friday, Dec 2nd
- 5:00 PM: Dinner & kickoff
- 5:30 PM - Start hacking
- 7:00 PM: Unity 3D and HoloLens workshops (Optional. Details in "Discussions")
- Midnight: Fourthmeal
- Stay as late you want. Toothbrushes provided.
Saturday, Dec 3rd
- 8:30 AM - Breakfast
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 1:00 - Demos
- 3:30 - Prizes. End.
Need some idea inspiration?
- Check out URBAN HUB, an interactive platform for people working on urbanisation, smart cities and mobility
- Learn how thyssenkrupp uses HoloLens as a compliment to MAX, thyssenkrupp’s game-changing service for elevators that leverages the predictive maintenance capabilities of Azure IoT
- See how companies in different industries use HoloLens
- Check out thyssenkrupp's MULTI, the world's first rope-free elevator that uses magnetic levitation to move in any direction and reach any height (rated one of the 11 greatest engineering innovations of 2016 by Popular Science)
$7,375 in prizes
Microsoft Hololens (Developer Edition), LucidSound LS30 Wireless Universal Gaming Headset, three Amazon Echo Dots
XBOX ONE Elite, LucidSound LS30 Wireless Universal Gaming Headset, two Amazon Echo Dots
XBOX ONE Elite, LucidSound LS30 Wireless Universal Gaming Headset, Amazon Echo Dot
XBox Live Gold Annual Subscriptions for every team member
32" Samsung Smart TV / Monitor, two Amazon Echo Dots
32" Samsung Smart TV / Monitor
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Anyone can participate - individuals, teams and organizations. There are no limits on team size.
- Must be a smart city project in nature
- Must be an AR/MR project in nature
- Strong preference given to animations created in Unity 3D and written in C#
- Preference given to projects that incorporate the HoloLens or a HoloLens emulator
How to enter
HoloHack is an in-person event in Atlanta. To register, just click the green "Register for this hackathon" button on the top-right and show up!
Interactive Developer, thyssenkrupp
Senior Director, Microsoft HoloLens Engineering
Microsoft HoloLens Development
Microsoft HoloLens Solution Specialist
Wow factor. Did you build something no one thought was possible? Did you use techniques that are abnormal, often impractical, and weirdly elegant?
Is it easy to understand? Is it easy to use? Is it creative?
Does it work?